Sunday, June 15, 2008

Please, help. I don't trust doctors.


Really, I don't trust Western doctors. It seems like there philosophy has been for quite a long time, "Cut out or drug the offending parts." They seem to see only the list of symptoms so they go about trying them without really getting to the crux of what's going wrong. & not even seeming to care. Most doctors to, it seems to me, are so cocky about it to like they learned how to drug people in school so it must be the right answer.

I appreciate Eastern medicine, though. I think that it makes sense to see the body as a whole; noticing that everything effects everything. & Freudian psychology in noticing that everything has a deeper more abstract meaning to it. It's not that there are sick & crazy people, they both seem to notice that people can have sickness or craziness inside of them. It's that PC thing where it puts the person in front of the illness so that you don't forget the context of the treatment.

So listen up all you doctors who have nothing better to do with your time than to read my blog. I really told you... right? Right? Hello?

No comments: